Much of your home improvement project’s success will depend on your choice of contractor. That’s why you have to be extra careful when hiring one–most home upgrades will take considerable time and money, after all. Birmingham Design Management, the custom home building expert in Carroll County, MD, shares some handy tips to help you get started on your search:
- Get local referrals. This may seem like an outdated method, but referrals actually offer you the simplest way of finding good home improvement contractors in your area. You’ll get a clearer and more accurate idea on how they do business, so you’ll know immediately if you’re looking at a potential candidate. Once you’ve gotten the referral, however, follow it up with a bit of research to ensure the contractor is right for you.
- Look for the necessary credentials. These include proof of licensing, bond and insurance with workers’ compensation and liability coverage. Birmingham Design Management has all these essentials. When you turn to us for home additions in and around Westminster, MD, you’ll be sure of proper, legitimate workmanship that adheres to safety standards. Our crew is fully insured, so you’ll have peace of mind knowing you’re protected should issues arise during the project.
- Check for manufacturer certifications. Working with a certified home improvement contractor provides many advantages. As they represent the country’s leading manufacturers, they’ll have access to some of the highest-quality materials and products available today, which they can then pass on to you. The generous warranties included with these products, plus the contractor’s workmanship guarantee, add further protection to your investment.
- Take experience into account. It’s best to choose a contractor who has decades of experience under their belt. Birmingham Design Management has provided homeowners in the Carroll, Howard and Montgomery Counties with top-notch solutions to their home improvement needs since 1985. That’s more than 30 years of delivering outstanding results to our clients, whether it’s a custom bath or kitchen remodeling.
- Ask for a list of references. Interviewing past clients will give you a better idea of a contractor’s workmanship quality. You can even look them up on popular trade sites, such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to check for good reviews. As a BBB-Accredited Business with an A-plus rating, Birmingham Design Management is committed to full customer satisfaction.
Make the most of your home upgrade by working with a reliable contractor like Birmingham Design Management. We serve Westminster, MD, and the surrounding communities. Call us today at (410) 751-6439 or fill out this form to schedule your consultation.